Sunday, July 28, 2013

For my Students, Educators, Dog lovers, and anyone trying to get a business off the ground.


Who said educators can't be entrepreneurial? I am an adjunct faculty member in California. More interesting may be that I am a small business owner too.   The business is in the pet products industry and in a specific niche -  Indoor Dog Potty. 

Go-Doggy-Go Indoor Dog Potty was actually started because my French Bulldog was in need of an indoor dog potty that really worked. Not-one worked with any real benefit. So, I started researching, experimenting, observing, measuring the results, prototyping, testing, measuring results, and voila! Elecktra (my Frenchie) had a potty that worked all the time.  

Just because it is better than all-other potties in the marketplace, doesn't mean that it will be an overnight success.  People need to find it, you, and believe in the brand.  without a giant story today, Go-Doggy-Go Indoor Dog Potty, LLC was born.  Okay students and dog owners, what you learn in school IS transferable to "real life".  and, Yes, learning is lifelong! 

I did my market analysis, set up all of the marketing, trademark paperwork, patent in process-pending, manufacturing sourcing, and website development go-doggy-go.com. I don't mind sharing this model of "How to launch a micro/small business in your spare time." Go-Get-Em...class!

No comments:

Post a Comment